Problems adding your email account? Use advanced setup.
You may need to manually add your email account. Choose from one of the advanced methods below:
Use advanced setup to add a POP or IMAP email account in Outlook for Windows
If you need to enter specific values for incoming and outgoing server names, port numbers, or SSL settings, you can use Outlook’s advanced setup option. You can use these instructions to add a POP or IMAP account to Outlook.
- Open Outlook and select File > Add Account.
- On the next screen, enter your email address, select Advanced options, then check the box for Let me set up my account manually and select Connect.
- Select your account type. Most of the time when you need to use this option, you’ll select IMAP.
- The Account settings screen should be pre-populated with most of the account settings you need. However, if you need to look up your settings, see the POP and IMAP account settings topic. Enter your incoming and outgoing server settings and then select Next.
- Enter your password and then select Connect.
My email worked and suddenly stopped working. Why?
This could be due to a lot of reasons but below are some reasons and solutions:
- Check if your internet connection is on.
- Close and open Outlook again
- It does happen that ISPs actively block the port numbers. The solution to this is to connect to another internet connection, check the Outlook settings and if it works, you can switch back to the original internet connection.
- Outlook or the .pst file could be corrupted.
- The server might have blocked your mail due to spam or bulk email sending.
- Your IP could be blocked by the server if the password or setup has been tried too many times.
- Your account with us has been suspended due to an account issue.
- If points 1-4 aren’t the problem, please contact us and we’ll check on the server for issues